Criminal Appeal Lawyer,
Oakland, CA

If you are interested in making an appeal to a criminal conviction, you should reach out to the criminal appeal lawyer Oakland, CA relies on from The Hallinan Law Firm. It is important to remember that if you want to overturn a criminal conviction, you will need to act quickly. This means, if you do not have a criminal appeal lawyer, you should speak with one from our firm as soon as possible so that we can begin gathering information from your case. It is possible to file a “Notice of Appeal” so that we have a longer time to review your case. Once completed, we can submit a final appeal after this.

Criminal Appeal Lawyer, Oakland, CA

Why You Should Have Legal Representation

When it comes to making an appeal, you may want to make sure you have a new attorney, not the same criminal lawyer who helped you with your case in the beginning. This can bring a fresh set of eyes to your case, and it can ensure you have someone who specializes in making appeals by your side the whole way. Because our Felony Lawyer, Oakland, CA relies on has helped many clients before with making an appeal, we believe we can be the resource you need during this time.

What happens during my appeal? Will I still be in custody?

If you are filing a Notice of Appeal after misdemeanor charges, you are allowed to remain free after you have posted bail. Because of how long the appeals process can take, it may bring you comfort to return to some semblance of a normal life (your job, your family) while your attorney is working on your case, and you are waiting for a final decision. On the other hand, if you have been convicted of a felony, the judge will use their discretion to determine if you should remain in jail or if you are allowed to go free during this process. A big part of this will be whether your attorney can prove you are not a flight risk.

Is this basically the same as getting a second trial?

No. You should not expect the same process of going before a jury and having witnesses. These appeals process will focus more on whether there was an error or mistake made during the original process, not bringing forward new evidence.

If you would like to make an appeal regarding a criminal conviction, please reach out to our Oakland, California criminal appeal lawyer today.

Skip to content